Jeff is a qualified and experienced Learning and Development professional, who, by creating effective relationships with people at all levels, has managed the delivery of optimum performance, through the development and motivation of others.
His philosophy of effective learning is to connect those who have something to teach with those who are ready to learn and I believe that coaching is probably the most effective way of people developing to their full potential.
He is a certified ICF coach who works with Directors in Facebook and help them make maximum impact. He has already worked as Learning & Development Manager & Head of Talent Management at O2.
What made Facebook the most extraordinary place to work – for me personally
Jeff will talk about about:
- Facebook has won many awards in the past for being a great place to work (Glassdoor)
- Culture – the sum of the hundreds of thousands of decisions people make everyday
- Guided by our Values: Be Bold, Be open, Focus on impact, Move fast, Build social value. – but that’s not it!
- The office space in which we work – but that’s not it! – any company can have food or a good building (Pictures of the space, The food, The vending machines)
- Ownership “This is now your company” – Orientation, Leader participation, Imposter syndrome, Neutrality is not acceptable
- Orna’s story
- Be yourself, Friends on Facebook, Dress code
- Managers / Dual career tracks and the 157 who moved in 2011, Managers trump the brand, Manager behaviours
- Feedback Culture
- Crucial conversations/Fast feedback, The right conversation with the wrong person
- Asking for feedback rather than waiting to get it
- Diversity (Bias, Inclusion, Hiring )
- Strengths – Passions and not performance is the most important, Cross referencing pulse/PSC and what did it tell us
- Fear, failure and learning